Tricks for lighting your woodwick candle
Because our woodwicks are all natural, they can sometimes be tempermental and cause each candle to burn differently. Woodwicks provide a more unique burning experience than a traditional cotton wick. Here are a few hints to make them burn easier.
Why won’t my wood wick candle re-light?
No problem! This is a common problem with wood wick candles and can easily be resolved.
We recommend to make sure that your first burn is always to a full melt pool (wax melted to the edge of the jar). Container candles have a ‘memory’ and if you don’t allow your candle to burn to the jar’s edge on the first burn, every subsequent burn will see the melted wax pool ‘tunnel’ down the wick rather than burn evenly out to the jar’s edge. Your wick will eventually drown in wax and will not stay lit.
If your candle extinguishes the first time you light it, simply try relighting it until it catches, this may take a few tries.
The main reason a wick won’t stay lit is because the candle was not burnt correctly on the first burn.
- For relighting, tip the candle, and relight on an angle. This will allow the flame to slowly reach across the wick.
- Make sure your wick is trimmed to between 1/8″ – 3/16″ / 3.2mm – 4.8mm before lighting. If the wick is too long, the wax will not pull up the wick and the wick will extinguish.
- Wooden Wicks do need a little attention and tending to before each burn, similar to cotton wicks. Be sure to gently snap off the ash or burnt wood along the top edge of the wick and then light as usual.
- If when burning the candle for a long period of time you notice the flame height getting too low, it may be necessary to tap off any excess ash or burnt wood along the top of the wick. The flame will then return to its proper optimal height.
- Do not try picking away at extra wax to fix the tunnelling. If you allow your candle to burn for longer periods of time, this problem should fix itself.
- Be very careful not to let any debris from the wick (or anything else!) fall into the candle.
- Extinguish candle when ½” / 12.7mm of wax is remaining.
- Do not burn candle more than 4 hours at one time.
Orders are prepared and shipped from our workshop in Quebec, Canada. Many of our products are made to order so please allow up to 5 business days for your order to be prepared. Once your order has been shipped, we will provide you with your tracking number via e-mail. Local pickup is available free of charge. If you have selected this option at checkout, we will send you pickup information once your order is ready.
Canadian orders may be shipped by Canada Post Expedited Parcels, Diacom or Canpar. Delivery times can vary from 2 business days (Québec, Ontario) up to 8 business days (rest of Canada).
Shipping to remote areas (those requiring air delivery for example) may incur additional shipping charges. We will contact you if this applies to your order.
If you require priority shipping, please contact us prior to placing your order.
American orders are shipped via Canada Post and usually fulfilled by USPS once they arrive in the USA. Shipping is currently limited the the 48 contiguous states. We cannot ship to PO boxes.
Please note you are responsible for paying any additional duties or import charges if they are required by your government.
We are confident you will love our natural products. If for any reason you wish to return any part of your order, we will happily refund the full amount of the item(s) returned. Items must be returned within 30 days of delivery, in their original condition (unused) to be eligible for return. Original shipping fees shall not be refunded. The client is responsible for shipping the item(s) back to us at their expense. Please contact us to request a return.
Please note this return policy only applies to Au Naturel items purchased through our website. Custom products cannot be returned.
Please review your delivery address carefully before submitting your order (be sure to include any apartment/suite numbers, buzzer codes, and a contact telephone number, which may be required at time of delivery). If you notice any discrepancy in your delivery address once you receive your order confirmation by email, contact us immediately so we can attempt to correct it before it ships.
If your package is returned to us due to an incorrect or incomplete delivery address, or because the package was refused by the receiver, the value of the items will be refunded less all shipping charges incurred by us.
We take great care to pack every item to ensure it arrives intact. If for any reason your order arrives damaged, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a description and photos of the damage and we will work with you to make it right.
During summer, the natural ingredients used in our products may cause them to melt during shipping. During winter months, it is possible for some products to freeze. Place the items at room temperature and wait for the consistency to return to normal.